The Committee on Citizenship and Civic Engagement will hold an evidence session with Dame Louise Casey, author of The Casey Review: a review into opportunity and integration.
Tuesday 5 December, Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
Possible areas of discussion
- What do you think is the current state of integration in the UK? Have there been any changes in the year since you published your review?
- What do you believe that civil society organisations need to do in order to foster integration?
- Could a greater emphasis on citizenship teaching in schools rather than an additional focus on Fundamental British Values be a better way to support integration?
- Do you think that the political context is now more willing to discuss sensitive issues in a manner in which it was previously not?
- The Government has not formally responded to your review but is due to publish an integration strategy at any moment. Do you know if it will take account of your recommendations? What do you hope it will say?