On Monday 5 December, the Select Committee on Charities holds an evidence session with a focus on larger charities and commissioning. The Committee will hear from representatives of Royal Mencap Society, Citizens Advice and Nacro.
Monday 5 December in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Dan Scorer, Head of Policy and Public Affairs, Royal Mencap Society
- Andrew Seager, Head of Service Development, Citizens Advice
- Jacob Tas, CEO, Nacro
Likely questions to be covered in the session include:
- How has the move from grants to contracts changed the role of charities?
- Does increased responsibility for public service delivery threaten charity independence?
- What are the merits and demerits of initiatives such as Payment by Results?
Image: Parliamentary copyright