The Select Committee on the Bribery Act 2010 questions Lesley Batchelor OBE, Director General, Institute of Export and International Trade, and Carl Hunter, CEO and Managing Director, Coltraco Ltd, as part of its post-legislative scrutiny inquiry into the Bribery Act 2010.
Tuesday 4 September in Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Lesley Batchelor OBE Director General, Institute of Export and International Trade
- Dr Carl Hunter CEO and Managing Director, Coltraco Ltd
Questions the Committee is likely to ask include:
- Has the Bribery Act 2010 deterred British companies from exporting abroad, or otherwise harmed their competitiveness in relation to companies from countries with less stringent anti-bribery measures?
- Have UK exporters and their sub-contractors developed effective anti-bribery policies as a result of the Bribery Act?
- How could these companies improve their efforts to prevent bribery?
- How does the Bribery Act compare with equivalent legislation in other countries?
- Are there other approaches, either in terms of legislation or enforcement, which the UK could learn from?
Make sure to look for #HLBriberyAct on Twitter