The Select Committee on the Bribery Act 2010 hears evidence from Iskander Fernandez, a Partner at the law firm BLM, who represented Skansen Interiors Limited in the first successful prosecution under section 7 of the Bribery Act 2010.
Tuesday 11 December, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Iskander Fernandez, Partner, BLM
- The Skansen case represented the first conviction for a section 7 offence since the Bribery Act came into force. What does this case tell us about how the Act is operating in practice?
- How should SMEs go about developing or updating their anti-bribery and corruption policies, potentially with limited resources?
- Is the Ministry of Justice guidance on the Bribery Act providing adequate and up-to-date information for SMEs?
- Do you think companies are adequately incentivised to self-report cases of bribery?
Make sure to look for the #HLBriberyAct on Twitter
Image: Parliamentary Copyright