The Select Committee on the Bribery Act 2010 questions the Government's Anti-Corruption Champion John Penrose MP, as part of its post-legislative scrutiny inquiry on the Bribery Act 2010.
Tuesday 10 July in Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- John Penrose MP, Government's Anti-Corruption Champion
Questions the Committee is likely to ask include:
- How prevalent is bribery in the UK, seven years after the Bribery Act 2010 came into force?
- What does the role of Government's Anti-Corruption Champion entail? Are there any difficulties in both supporting and challenging the Government's anti-corruption agenda?
- What feedback has he received from businesses with regards to the Bribery Act 2010 and corruption more generally?
- Why is the number of criminal proceedings under the Bribery Act 2010 so low, and what does this signify?
- Have there been unintended consequences stemming from the Act?
Make sure to look for #HLBriberyAct on Twitter
Image: Parliamentary copyright