Professor Munro is the author of the Munro Review of Child Protection, commissioned by the Department for Education and published in May 2011. She is Professor of Social Policy at the London School of Economics.
At 10.15am, Tuesday 9 October 2012, Committee Room 3A, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Eileen Munro CBE, Department of Social Policy, London School of Economics
She was a social worker for several years and has since gone on to gain a wide range of research experience in child protection and mental health risk assessment, as well as building professional expertise in child abuse. She has written and published extensively on the issue of child protection.
The Committee will question Professor Munro on a number of issues including:
- key challenges facing the social work profession in safeguarding children;
- the child’s journey through the child protection system and how it can be improved;
- whether there is a looming crisis in maintaining current levels of expertise in social work; and
- the role of political leadership in effecting change in safeguarding children.