The Joint Committee on the National Security Strategy holds first evidence session on inquiry into the National Security Capability Review and Modernising Defence Programme: follow up.
Topics to be covered
Likely topics for discussion include:
- changing threats to UK national security
- major geopolitical changes affecting UK national security, including the return of ‘great power politics’
- the effectiveness of the National Security Capability Review and Modernising Defence Programme in addressing these issues.
Monday 18 March, Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster.
- Lord Robertson of Port Ellen, Senior Adviser, Chatham House
- Dr Kori Schake, Deputy Director-General, International Institute for Strategic Studies
- Baroness Pauline Neville-Jones, Senior Adviser at Ridge-Schmidt Cyber
- Tom McKane, Distinguished Fellow, Royal United Services Institute