The Joint Committee on Human Rights looks into enforcement of Human Rights.
Wednesday 9 May, Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster.
- Professor David Mead, University of East Anglia Law School
- Martha Spurrier, Director, Liberty
- Dr Alice Donald, Senior Lecturer, School of Law, Middlesex University
- Adam Wagner, Founder and Strategic Director, RightsInfo.
Focus of the session
- Whether a ‘human rights culture’ exists in the UK
- Public attitudes to human rights
- Media reporting of human rights across the UK
- Inaccurate reporting and corrections
- Media criticism of the judiciary
- Positive human rights narratives in media discourse