The Joint Committee on Human Rights questions Ben Wallace MP and Sam Gyimah MP on freedom of speech in universities.
The session will cover:
- What is the basis for Government concern?
- Does the Prevent duty interfere with free speech in universities?
- Should the Charity Commission regulate student unions?
Wednesday 7 February 2018, Committee room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Rt Hon Ben Wallace, Minister of State for Security and Economic Crime
- Mr Sam Gyimah, Minister of State for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation.
- Mr Jacob Rees-Mogg MP
- Joanne Midgley, Pro Vice-Chancellor Student Experience, University of the West England, Bristol
- Jonathan Wallcroft, Vice President
- Brandon Gage, and Francesca Smith, Politics and International Relations Society, University of the West of England, Bristol
Image: Parliamentary Copyright