Do government regulations like the Prevent duty and Charity law actually inhibit freedom of debate at universities? What benefit, or indeed restriction, do safe space policies bring to campus? Are student protests undermining free speech?
As part of their continuing inquiry into free speech in universities, MPs and Peers on the Joint Committee on Human Rights hear from Professors from SOAS, Bristol and LSE universities.
Wednesday 17 January 2018, Committee Room 1
- Amatey Doku, Vice President, National Union of Students (NUS)
- Wes Streeting, MP (and former President of NUS)
- Baroness Ruth Deech
- Professor Alison Scott-Baumann, Professor of Society & Belief, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)
- Professor Steven Greer, Professor of Human Rights, University of Bristol
- Professor Jonathan Rosenhead, Professor Emeritus, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)