The Joint Select Committee on the Draft Registration of Overseas Entities Bill hears evidence to consider the impact of the draft Bill.
Monday, 18 March, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Duncan Hames, Director of Policy, Transparency International UK
- Ava Lee, Senior Anti-Corruption Campaigner, Global Witness
- Alex Cobham, Chief Executive, Tax Justice Network
- Donald Toon, Director, National Economic Crime Centre, National Crime Agency
- Alison Barker, Director of Specialist Supervision, Financial Conduct Authority
- Mark Thompson, Chief Operating Officer, Serious Fraud Office
- Do criminal sanctions in the draft Bill provide sufficient deterrent against non-compliance?
- What is your assessment of the beneficial ownership information that the register will hold?
- What is your assessment of the scale of the problem of money laundering within the UK property market?
- How does the draft Bill fit in with other areas of anti-money laundering activity?
- What difficulties do you face when investigating suspected cases of money laundering?