In its final public evidence session, the Committee hears from the Minister and colleagues from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Monday, 25 March, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Kelly Tolhurst MP – Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Jacquie Griffiths – Policy Lead on the Draft Registration of Overseas Entities Bill, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Matthew Ray – Deputy Director of Company Law, Transparency & Tax, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- How will you guarantee the reliability of information held on the proposed Register of overseas entities?
- Is the draft Bill's definition of beneficial owner flexible enough to capture the true beneficiaries of UK property?
- Is there a need for an adjudicator in cases where it is difficult to define an "overseas entity" for the purposes of the draft Bill?
- The draft Bill does not cover trusts, but the Fifth Anti-Money Laundering Directive does. Would the Government implement the Directive even after a "no deal" Brexit?
- How will you ensure that the exemptions in the draft Bill are proportionate, and will not create loopholes?
- Does this Bill pose any risks for third parties?
Image: Parliamentary copyright