Rob Wilson MP, Minister for Civil Society, questioned by Committee
13 January 2015
The public session will start at 2.15pm on Tuesday 13 January in Committee Room 3 of the House of Lords.
Committee Room 3, House of Lords, on 13 January
- Rob Wilson MP, Minister for Civil Society
- Ben Harrison MBE, Policy Adviser, Office for Civil Society, Cabinet Office
- How effectively has the Charity Commission responded to criticism from the National Audit Office and Public Accounts Committee?
- Are all the new powers in the draft Bill needed given that evidence about the recent performance of the Charity Commission has been generally more positive?
- How well does the Charity Commission work with other agencies such as the police and HMRC?
- What value would giving the Commission the statutory power to issue a warning to a charity provide?
- Is it appropriate for the Commission to be able to disqualify a charity trustee on the basis of a caution rather than a conviction for an offence?
- Are there concerns that the Commission’s scrutiny of charities it deems to be at risk of extremism are seen to unfairly target certain groups?
Image: Cabinet Office
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Communities and families, Charities, House of Commons news, House of Lords news, Commons news, Lords news, Committee news
Share this page