As part of our inquiry on Universal Credit rollout, the Work and Pensions Committee would like to hear about your experience of claiming Universal Credit in our web forum.
This web forum closed on Friday 13 October 2017.
Have you applied for Universal Credit? We’d like to hear from you.
We would like to find out what worked well during the claiming process, what did not work, and what improvements you think could be made. You might want to tell us about:
- Which Jobcentre or geographic area did you apply for Universal Credit in
- How you found the process of setting up an application (eg. making an initial appointment with Jobcentre Plus, applying online)
- Whether you received your first payment when you expected to and whether you were paid the right amount
- Any support you received in managing until the first payment: for example, did you request or receive an Advance Payment?
- How UC has affected your ability to manage your money, including budgeting for rent, food and bills.
Comments will be used to inform the Committee's thinking on this issue. This forum is pre-moderated and comments that breach the online discussion rules will not be posted.
Please read the forum terms and conditions before posting your comment.