As part of our inquiry on PIP and ESA Assessments, the Work and Pensions Committee heard about your experience of claiming PIP or ESA.
The web forum closed on Friday 10 November 2017.
If you have had an assessment, or are waiting for an assessment, for PIP or ESA, we'd like to hear from you.
You might want to tell us about:
- Did you feel that the right decision on your entitlement to ESA/PIP was reached as a result of your initial assessment?
- If not—what do you feel were the reasons for this?
- If you have experience of Mandatory Reconsideration, did you find this stage effective and useful? How might it be improved?
- Overall, how "claimant-friendly" did you find the assessment process?
- What steps would you recommend taking to improve it?
We have received an overwhelming response on this forum and we are really grateful to all of you who have posted. We moderate this forum so posts that breach discussion rules do not appear: please bear with us while we approve and post the comments you've sent us. Please be assured we are reading them all, and what you have told us will contribute to our inquiry.
Please read the forum terms and conditions and discussion rules before posting your comment.