The Work and Pensions Committee holds a one-off evidence session with the Minister for Disabled People.
Wednesday 28 January 2015, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
Department for Work and Pensions
- Mr Mark Harper MP, Minister for Disabled People
- Noel Shanahan, Director General, Operations
- Justin Russell, Director, Employment and Support Allowance Directorate
Purpose of the session
The session follows issues raised in the Committee’s July 2014 report on Employment and Support Allowance and Work Capability Allowance. It also looks at progress with implementing Personal Independence Payments since the Committee last questioned the Minister on this in September 2014.
Topics to be covered
- Transfer to new contractor for WCA (Maximus)
- Progress in tackling backlog in claims and assessments
- Findings of the Year 5 independent review of the WCA (by Dr Paul Litchfield, published in November 2014)
Image: Parliamentary copyright