The Women and Equalities Committee questions the Minister on the work of the Government Equalities Office (GEO) on issues relating to the Committee’s current or recent work.
Purpose of the session
This session will explore:
- The GEO’s place in government and the implications of transferring it to the Cabinet Office
- The Minster’s priorities and the GEO’s strategy
- Accountability of the GEO
- The GEO’s work on the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW)
- Follow-up to the previous Committee work.
Wednesday 12 December, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster.
- Penny Mordaunt, Secretary of State for International Development and Minister for Women and Equalities
- Elysia McCaffrey, Deputy Head, Government Equalities Office