The Women and Equalities Committee continues to take evidence on the use of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) in discrimination cases.
Purpose of the session
MPs will question the Equality and Human Rights Commission and Solicitors Regulation Authority on the actions they can and are taking to oversee the use of NDAs by lawyers and employers in discrimination cases, and the role they could play in this going forward.
The ministerial panel can expect questions on the latest Government thinking, including on the BEIS consultation on how to prevent the misuse of confidentiality clauses in situations of workplace harassment or discrimination.
Wednesday 3 April 2019, Committee room 19, Palace of Westminster.
- Rebecca Hilsenrath, Chief Executive, Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Matthew Smith, Principal (Legal), Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Paul Philip, Chief Executive, Solicitors Regulation Authority
At approximately 10.45am:
- Kelly Tolhurst MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Lucy Frazer QC MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Justice