The Women and Equalities Committee holds the first session as part of its inquiry into mental health of men and boys.
Purpose of the session
MPs seek an overview of the issue, including current Government policy and services that are available.
The Committee has published written evidence which repeatedly raises the issue of men and boys struggling to access support due to misconceptions around mental health and a lack of services specifically tailored towards their needs.
The session seeks to explore the different factors leading to mental health problems in men and boys, the barriers they face when accessing support and how frontline services can be more inclusive to overcome this.
Wednesday 12 June 2019, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
- Professor Sarah Niblock, UK Council for Psychotherapy Chief Executive
- Andy Bell, Deputy Chief Executive of Centre for Mental Health
- Ruth Sutherland, CEO of Samaritans
At approximately 10.40:
- Professor Tim Kendall, MH National Clinical Director
- Dr Louise Theodosiou, Vice-Chair of the child and adolescent faculty at the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Dr Molodynski, Mental health policy lead for British Medical Association