The Women and Equalities Committee continues its inquiry examining the enforcement of the Equality Act. The Committee has heard, over several inquiries, that individuals have difficulties in enforcing their rights under the Act.
Purpose of the session
This session will examine the role and effectiveness of the EHRC in the use of its enforcement powers.
- The legal and policy framework for EHRC enforcement action
- The EHRC’s policies on enforcement
- The EHRC’s use of its powers in practice.
Wednesday 16 January 2018, Grimond room, Portcullis House.
- Niall Crowley, Independent equality and human rights expert
- Barbara Cohen, Independent discrimination law consultant
- Mike Smith, CEO of REAL
- Nick Webster, Solicitor at Leigh Day