The Women and Equalities Committee holds the final evidence session of its Abortion law in Northern Ireland inquiry.
Purpose of the session
Legal experts on the first panel will be asked about where the obligation lies to remedy the breaches of human rights found by the Supreme Court and the CEDAW Committee.
The second panel consists of UK Government Ministers and the Office of the Attorney General for Northern Ireland who will be questioned about breaches of women’s human rights as a result of the law, and other evidence heard during the inquiry so far.
Wednesday 27 February 2019, Grimond Room, Portcullis House.
- Caoilfhionn Gallagher QC
- Les Allamby, Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission
- Roger Kiska, Christian Legal Centre
At approximately 10.40am:
- Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP, Secretary of State for Northern Ireland
- Maura McCallion, Office of the Attorney General for Northern Ireland
- Rt Hon Penny Mordaunt MP, Minister for Women and Equalities