The Committee invites written submissions and requests observations on the following issues:
• the development of the Work Programme in Wales and its payment-by results model for contractors;
• the impact of the new payment model on welfare-to-work contractors, and whether there is effective collaboration between Work Programme providers;
• whether jobseekers on the scheme are able to access the full range of services they require; and
• whether the scheme is embedded in local areas and responsive to the needs of different communities.
The Committee is particularly interested to hear from individuals who have been affected by these reforms.
A guide for written submissions to Select Committees may be found on the parliamentary website at http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-committees/witnessguide.pdf ( PDF 1.25 MB)
1. Written submissions were invited by 15 January 2013. If you wish to submit evidence after this date, please contact Committee staff.
2. The first evidence session was held on Tuesday 19 March 2013. Watch. Read.
3. The Committee visited a work centre in Pontypridd on Monday 13 May 2013.
4. The next evidence session will be held on Tuesday 4 June 2013 at 9.30am in Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster. This session will be planned.
3. Current position: A further evidence session is being planned.
The Work Programme in Wales