The Transport Committee holds the first evidence session on Motoring of the future on Monday 20 October 2014.
Monday 20 October 2014, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Chris Reeves, Commercial Manager, Intelligent Mobility and Future Transport Technologies, Motor Industry Research Association Ltd
- Professor John Miles, Board Director, Arup and Research Chair of Transitional Energy Strategies, Cambridge University
- Professor Paul Newman, Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford
- Gerry Keaney, Chief Executive Officer, British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Agency
- Neil Greig, Director of Policy and Research, Institute of Advanced Motorists
- Mike Hawes, Chief Executive Officer, Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders
Timings are approximate.
Purpose of the session
Likely topics for discussion include the impact of autonomous and semi-autonomous vehicles, future fuels and data privacy and management.