The Transport Committee questions freight operator organisations, other commercial users of the agencies, a transport authority and the Traffic Commissioner.
The session will start at 4.35pm instead of the previously announced 4.05pm.
Monday 24 March 2014, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
At 4.35 pm
- Karen Dee, Director of Policy, Freight Transport Association
- Jack Semple, Director of Policy, Road Haulage Association
- Adrian Jones, National Officer for Road Transport Commercial, Logistics and Retail Distribution, Unite the Union
- Stephen Smith, Operations Director, Confederation of Passenger Transport (CPT)
- John Lepine, General Manager, Motor Schools Association of Great Britain (MSAGB)
- Jay Parmar, Legal and Policy Director, British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA)
- Beverley Bell, Senior Traffic Commissioner
- Leon Daniels, Managing Director, Surface Transport, Transport for London
Purpose of the session
Likely topics of discussion include driving licences and driving qualifications, whether the future Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) will lack focus on the needs of commercial operators and the relationship motoring agencies have with transport authorities.
As part of the inquiry into the Government’s motoring agencies, Transport Committee launches an online survey designed to build a better picture of motorists’ experiences.