This is the first of two planned oral evidence sessions in the Committee’s inquiry into pavement parking, which was announced on 2 April 2019.
The first panel of witnesses represents road users, including pedestrians and motorists. The second panel represents local authorities from across England.
Focus of the session
The session is intended to help Members gain a clearer understanding of:
- the main issues surrounding pavement parking
- views on how pavement parking could be enforced
- examples of innovation and good practice
Wednesday 19 June 2019, The Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Dr Rachel Lee, Policy and Research Coordinator, Living Streets
- Ian Taylor, Director, Alliance of British Drivers
- Chris Theobald, Public Affairs Manager, Guide Dogs
- Simon Botterill, Transport and Traffic, Design and Delivery Manager, Sheffield City Council
- Louise Hutchinson, Director, PATROL
- Spencer Palmer, Director, Transport and Mobility, London Councils
- Tim Young, Project Engineer (Policy and Performance), Norfolk County Council
Image: cc-by-sa/2.0-© Jaggery-geograph.org.uk/p/4154309