This is the first of the oral evidence sessions for the Committee’s local roads funding and governance inquiry.
The Committee will be speaking with a cross-section of industry representatives and user groups to understand the scale of the problems on the local roads network, how we’ve got to this point and what needs to improve, both in terms of the funding and governance structures, as well as the on-the-ground maintenance and inspection practices of local highways authorities.
Monday 19 November 2018, The Grimond Room, Portcullis House,
- Darren Shirley, Chief Executive, Campaign for Better Transport
- Mark Stevens, Chair of the Engineering Board, Association of Directors of Environment, Economy, Planning and Transport
- Roger Geffen, Policy Director, Cycling UK
- Matthew Lugg, President, Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation
- Rick Green, Chairman, Asphalt Industry Alliance