This is the third evidence session of the Committee’s inquiry. The Committee has heard from passenger groups, experts and local authorities and visited Bristol and Leicester as it looks into the reasons behind the decline in bus use outside London.
Inquiry: Health of the bus market
Watch Parliament TV: Health of the bus market
What are the concerns of people who work on the buses, and their employers?
In the first panel, with RMT and Unite trade unions, the Committee will consider the priorities for bus workers and how their roles may develop. MPs are likely to explore whether issues of recruitment, remuneration, progression or training feature in feedback from union members.
Turning to bus companies, Members will explore how they plan services, set fares and respond to passenger demand. MPs may consider what bus companies are doing to identify and remove barriers to people using their services.
Monday 26 November 2018, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Mick Lynch - Assistant General Secretary, RMT
- Bobby Morton - National Officer, Unite the Union
- Martin Dean - Managing Director, Bus Development, Go-Ahead Group plc
- Bill Hiron - Chair, ALBUM
- Malcolm Robson - ALBUM
- Alex Hornby - CEO, Transdev Blazefield
- Steven Salmon - Director of Policy Development, Confederation of Passenger Transport (UK)