Community Transport: commercial and community operators questioned
13 November 2017
The Transport Committee examines community transport permits' impact on operation of community transport organisations.
Monday 13 November 2017, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Martin Allen, Director, Bus and Coach Association
- Steven Salmon, Director of Policy Development, Confederation of Passenger Transport
- Bill Freeman, Chief Executive, Community Transport Association
- Frank Phillips, Chairman, Erewash Community Transport Ltd
- Anna Whitty MBE, Members of Steering Group, Mobility Matters
Focus of the session
The session examines the nature and extent of commercial operators' grievances about use of community transport (CT) permits (Sections 19 and 22, Transport Act 1985); the likely effects of potential changes in practice on CT organisations of different types; and ways of managing the implications in the short and longer term, including consideration of the scope and timescale of the Department’s proposed consultation on these issues.
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Transport, Roads, Parliament, House of Commons news, Commons news, Committee news, Buses
Share this page