The Transport Committee considers priorities for bus workers and planning of services.
What are the concerns of people who work on the buses, and their employers? In the first panel, the Committee considers the priorities for bus workers and how their roles may develop. MPs explore whether issues of recruitment, remuneration, progression or training feature in feedback from union members.
Turning to bus companies, Members explore how they plan services, set fares and respond to passenger demand. MPs consider what bus companies are doing to identify and remove barriers to people using their services.
This is the third evidence session of the Committee's inquiry. The Committee has heard from passenger groups, experts and local authorities and visited Bristol and Leicester as it looks into the reasons behind the decline in bus use outside London.
Monday 26 November 2018, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Mick Lynch, Assistant General Secretary, RMT
- Bobby Morton, National Officer, Unite the Union
- Martin Dean, Managing Director, Bus Development, Go-Ahead Group plc
- Bill Hiron, Chair, ALBUM
- Malcolm Robson, ALBUM
- Alex Hornby, CEO, Transdev Blazefield
- Steven Salmon, Director of Policy Development, Confederation of Passenger Transport (UK)