The Transport Committee hears from BMW and DVSA top representatives as part of its inquiry into the recall of 300.000 BMW vehicles in the UK.
Inquiry background and focus of the session
More than 300,000 BMW vehicles have been recalled in the UK, because they could stall and, in some cases, there is a risk of a vehicle catching fire.
The Committee asks about:
- the investigation of the faults
- how the faults were reported
- how events unfolded
- the decisions made by BMW and DVSA
- how the recall was managed
- how key information reached the public
Tuesday 26 June 2018, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Graeme Grieve, Chief Executive Officer, BMW (UK)
- Klaus Kompass, Vice President Vehicle Safety Engineering, BMW Group
- Johann Ebenbichler, Vice President Quality, BMW Group, (Simultaneous Translation)
- Gareth Llewellyn, Chief Executive, DVSA
Image: Unsplash - Published under Creative Commons Zero License