The Transport Committee hears evidence from Volkswagen Group on the Volkswagen emissions scandal that broke on 22 September 2015 and what action they are taking as a result.
Monday 12 October 2015, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Paul Willis, Managing Director, Volkswagen Group UK
- Mike Hawes, Chief Executive, SMMT
- Rt Hon. Patrick McLoughlin MP, Secretary of State, Department for Transport
- Michael Hurwitz, Director of the Energy, Technology & International Directorate, Department for Transport
- Ian Yarnold, International Vehicle Standards, Department for Transport
- Paul Higgs, Chief Executive, Vehicle Certification Agency
Focus of the session
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) gives evidence on the effect on the wider motor manufacturing sector.
The VCA and the Secretary of State for Transport are questioned on what steps the Government is taking to restore public confidence in the vehicle type approval testing regime.