The Transport Committee focuses on arguments for and against the plan to build a 4,000-space lorry park in Kent as a permanent solution to problems associated with Operation Stack – the queueing of lorries on the M20 when cross-Channel transport is severely disrupted.
Monday 21 March 2016, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Dr Hilary Newport, Director, Campaign to Protect Rural England, Kent Branch
- Matthew Webb, Chair, Stanford Parish Council
- John Keefe, Director of Public Affairs, Eurotunnel
- Matthew Balfour, Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport, Kent County Council
- David Monk, Leader, Shepway District Council
- Natalie Chapman, Head of Policy for South East England, Freight Transport Association