As part of a wide-ranging inquiry into the referendum on separation for Scotland, the Scottish Affairs Committee examines existing and future cross-border rail franchises.
Terms of reference
The Committee will look at:
- The effect of separation on existing cross-border rail franchises;
- The effect of separation on the operation and regulation of cross-border rail franchises;
- The possibility of future franchises being awarded across a national boundary;
- The economic viability of separate franchises for cross-border traffic between Scotland and England;
- Public-sector comparators for the West Coast Main Line.
How to respond
The Committee invites written evidence from interested parties on any, or all, aspects of the inquiry by Friday 30 November. Public oral evidence sessions will then be arranged and announced in due course.
Submissions should be in Word or rich text format and sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send in PDF format. The body of the e-mail must include a contact name, telephone number and postal address. The e-mail should also make clear who the submission is from.
Submissions must address the terms of the inquiry and should not, as a rule, exceed 2,000 words. Paragraphs should be numbered for ease of reference, and the document should include an executive summary.