The Science and Technology Committee examines the state of school science experiments and field trips, asking if the number of experiments and field trips are in decline, and , if they are, why?
The Committee will meet on Wednesday 29 June 2011 in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
at 9.15 am: Supporting Teachers
- Paul Cohen, Director Initial Teacher Training Recruitment, Training and Development Agency
- Annette Smith, Chief Executive, Association of Science Education
- Dr Phil Smith MBE, Co-ordinator, Teacher Scientist Network
- Dr Steve Tilling, Field Studies Council
at 10.15 am: Supporting Schools
- Beth Gardner, Chief Executive, Council for Learning Outside the Classroom
- Professor Graham Hutchings FRS, Chair, SCORE
- Sir Roland Jackson, Chief Executive, British Science Association
- Steve Jones, Director, CLEAPSS
Further evidence sessions will be announced in due course