This is the third session of the Committee’s inquiry into genetically modified (GM) foods and the way in which these are regulated at European level under the precautionary principle.
The first part of the session, comprising witnesses from the academic community, will focus on biotechnology research, regulation and the potential contribution of GM, alongside other technologies and approaches, to global agriculture. In the second part of the session, these topics will be discussed with witnesses from the agricultural biotechnology industry.
The Committee meeting will take place on Wednesday 5 November 2014 at 9.15am in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
At 9.15 am
- Professor Helen Sang, Fellow, Society of Biology
- Professor Michael Bevan, Programme Leader, Cell and Developmental Biology, John Innes Centre
- Dr Paul Burrows, Executive Director, Corporate Policy and Strategy, Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
At 10.15 am
- Dr Mike Bushell, Principle Scientific Adviser, Syngenta
- Dr Julian Little, Chair, Agricultural Biotechnology Council
- Dr Geoff Mackey, Sustainable Development and Communications Director, BASF Europe North