This is the first evidence session of the inquiry.
The first panel will comprise of representatives of blood and blood product users and others directly impacted by blood safety issues.
The second panel will comprise of representatives from a variety of Government and NHS advisory committees on blood safety.
Wednesday 5 February 2014
Wilson Room, Portcullis House
At 9.15 am
- Mark Ward and Joseph Peaty, Secretary and Head of Publicity, TaintedBlood
- The Haemophilia Society (witness to be confirmed)
- Dr Matthew Buckland, Chair of Medical Advisory Panel, UK Primary Immunodeficiency Network, and Consultant Immunologist, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Christine Lord, Freelance journalist, campaigner and mother of vCJD victim Andrew Black
At 10.30 am
- Professor Marc Turner, Chair, Advisory Committee on the Safety of Blood, Tissues and Organs Prion Group and Chair, UK Blood Services Prion Working Group
- Dr Roland Salmon, Acting Chair, Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens
- Dr Sheila MacLennan, Professional Director, UK Blood Services Joint Professional Advisory Committee
Further evidence sessions will be announced in due course.