This is the second evidence session of the inquiry.
The first panel, comprising experts from industry, academia and the third sector, will further explore good practice in horizon scanning and the ways in which it is conducted by different parts of Government.
The second panel, comprising witnesses from industry and academia who have experience working with autonomous vehicles and other forms of intelligent transport, will explore the policy challenges posed by these technologies and the Government’s response to date.
Wednesday 20 November 2013; Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
At 9.15 am
- Fiona Lickorish, Head of the Institute for Environment, Health, Risks and Futures, Cranfield University
- Jessica Bland, Technology Futures Analyst, Nesta
- Marcus Morrell, Senior Futures Analyst, Arup
At 10.15 am
- Professor Burkhard Schafer, Professor of Computational Legal Theory, Edinburgh School of Law
- Professor Paul Newman, Mobile Robotics Group, University of Oxford
- Nick Reed, Intelligent Transport Systems UK
- Dr Graeme Smith, Business Manager, Connected Services, Control and Electronics, Ricardo UK Ltd
Further evidence sessions will be announced in due course.