The Science and Technology Committee continues its inquiry on the impact of social media and screen-use on young people's health.
Tuesday 16 October 2018, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Karim Palant, UK Public Policy Manager, Facebook
- Claire Lilley, Europe, the Middle East and Africa lead on Child Safety, Google UK
- Sinéad McSweeney, Vice President of Public Policy and Communications for Europe, the Middle East and Africa region, Twitter
- Will Gardner, Director, UK Safer Internet Centre
- Sarah Hannafin, Senior Policy Adviser, National Association of Head Teachers
Purpose of the session
The Committee hears from the major social media companies and consider how they handle reports of inappropriate content, what steps they are taking to swiftly remove illegal content and their response to proposals to regulate their operations.
The Committee also hears from the UK Safer Internet Centre and the National Association of Head Teachers to discuss digital literacy.