The Science and Technology Committee takes evidence from two of the National Quantum Technology Programme Hubs, focusing on quantum sensors and quantum computing, as well as from other academics and representatives from the quantum technologies industry.
Tuesday 17 July 2018, Committee Room 16, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Kai Bongs, Director, Quantum Technology Hub for Sensors and Metrology
- Professor Ian Walmsley, Director, Networked Quantum Information Technologies Hub
- Professor Winfried Hensinger, Professor of Quantum Technologies, University of Sussex
- Professor Trevor Cross, Chief Technology Officer, Teledyne e2v
- Dr Mark Bentall, Head of Technology Development and Innovation, Airbus Defence and Space
- Dr Andrew Shields, Quantum Technologies R&D Lead, Toshiba Research Europe Ltd
- Dr Peter Thompson, Chief Executive Officer, National Physical Laboratory
Focus of the session
The session will focus on the next phase of the National Quantum Technologies Programme, and what is needed to support the UK’s quantum industry going forward.