The Science and Technology Committee looks at the opportunity local authorities see in early intervention, and the challenges they face in delivering it.
Tuesday 17 April 2018, Committee Room 16, Palace of Westminster
At 9.30 am
- Dr Shirley Woods-Gallagher, Special Advisor on School Readiness, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Alan Harding, Chief Economic Adviser for the Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Dr Caroline White, Head, Children and Parents Service Early Intervention
- Martin Pratt, Chair, Association of London Directors of Children's Services
At 10.30 am
- Professor Viv Bennett, Chief Nurse, Public Health England
- Dr Jeanelle de Gruchy, President, Association of Directors of Public Health
- Katy Hetherington, Organisational Lead - Child and Adolescent Public Health, NHS Health Scotland
Focus of the session
The two panels will cover early intervention from the points of view of social services and public health. We will also hear from NHS Scotland, whose 'ACEs Hub' and focus on early intervention have been highlighted in previous evidence.