Government consultation on energy drinks examined by Science and Technology Committee
10 July 2018
The Science and Technology Committee holds a public meeting with Steve Brine MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Public Health and Primary Care energy drinks and nutrition experts. The Committee's inquiry will contribute to the Government’s recently announced consultation into energy drinks and children.
Purpose of the session
The session focuses on the research and scientific evidence on any safe level of consumption of energy drinks for children, the advertisement framework and possible regulatory changes in the future.
Tuesday 10 July 2018, Committee Room 16, Palace of Westminster
- Andrew Taylor, Regulatory Policy Executive, Committees of Advertising Practice
- Dr John Thompson, The Committee on Toxicity of Chemicals in Food, Consumer Products and the Environment (COT)
- Dr Kevin Hargin, Head of Food Hygiene and Animal Health Policy Unit, Food Standards Agency
- Dr Ashley Roberts, Senior Vice President, Food and Nutrition Group, Intertek, an independent toxicologist and adviser to Monster Energy
- Steve Brine MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Public Health and Primary Care
- Jenny Oldroyd, Deputy Director, Obesity, Food and Nutrition, Department of Health and Social Care
Image: Parliamentary copyright
More news on: Agriculture, animals, food and rural affairs, Health services and medicine, Health education and preventive medicine, Food
Share this page