The Science and Technology Committee continues its inquiry into UK science, research and technology capability and influence in global disease outbreaks
Friday 5 June, virtual meeting
- Professor Carol Propper, Professor of Economics, Imperial College London
- Professor John Kay, Economist and Fellow in Economics, St John’s College, University of Oxford
- Professor James Poterba, Mitsui Professor of Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Professor John Loughhead, Chief Scientific Adviser, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Philip Duffy, Chief Scientific Adviser, Her Majesty’s Treasury
Focus of the session
This session will focus on the economics of the COVID-19 pandemic in the UK, exploring its impact on health and approaches to easing social distancing measures.
The Committee will also explore the evidence used by the Government in informing its recovery strategy, funding for research and development, and the role of the science, technology and innovation sector in supporting economic recovery.
Image: Wikimedia Commons