The Science and Technology Committee continues its inquiry into the Balance and effectiveness of research and innovation spending.
Tuesday 18 December 2018, Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster
- Keith Thompson, Chair, Catapult CEO network, and CEO, Cell and Gene Therapy
- Professor Richard Brook, President, Association of Innovation, Research & Technology
- David Connell, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Business Research,
Cambridge Judge Business School
- Felicity Burch, Director of Innovation and Digital, Confederation of British Industry
- Dr Robert Massey, Deputy Executive Director, Royal Astronomical Society
- Professor Dame Ann Dowling, President, Royal Academy of Engineering
- Professor Neil Hall, Director, Earlham Institute
- Dr Charmaine Griffiths, Chief Operating Officer, The Institute of Cancer Research
The first panel focuses on support for innovation and business investment in R&D, including through schemes such as R&D tax credits and the Small Business Research Initiative.
The second panel will explore issues including quality-related block funding for research institutions, the balance between capital and resource funding, and the Charity Research Support Fund.
Image: Creative Commons (CCO)