The Science and Technology Committee holds the fourth and final evidence session of its balance and effectiveness of research and innovation spending inquiry.
Tuesday 26 March 2019, Boothroyd Room, Portcullis House
- Professor Sir Mark Walport, Chief Executive, UK Research and Innovation
- Rebecca Endean, Director of Strategy, UK Research and Innovation
- Chris Skidmore MP, Minister of State for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation
- Jenny Dibden, Director, Science Research and Innovation, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Harriet Wallace, Director, International Science and Innovation Directorate, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Considers the work UK Research and Innovation is currently undertaking on what constitutes a reasonable balance between ‘quality-related’ funding and project-based funding, and the impact that any changes to the balance could have on the Higher Education sector.
Examines the main themes arising during the inquiry with the Minister for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation and officials.
Image: Parliamentary copyright