The Science and Technology Committee hold its first oral evidence session examining ocean acidification.
Wednesday 1 March 2017, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Dr Carol Turley, Senior Scientist, Plymouth Marine Laboratory
- Dr Ceri Lewis, Senior Lecturer in Marine Biology, University of Exeter
- Dr Alex Poulton, Principal Researcher in Marine Ecology and Biogeochemistry, National Oceanography Centre
- Dr Ned Garnett, Associate Director Research, Natural Environment Research Council
- Professor Nicholas Bates, Director of Research, Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences
- Dr Melody Clark, Project Leader, British Antarctic Survey
Purpose of the session
This session will examine 'ocean acidification' with organisations that were involved with the UK Ocean Acidification Research Programme, and with institutes that research ocean acidification in the UK's overseas territories. It will also consider the monitoring of ocean acidification, its impacts and the funding of marine science.