The Science and Technology Committee holds a one-off evidence session on Industrial Strategy: science, research and innovation.
Wednesday 22 February 2017, Committee Room 16, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Alex Halliday, Vice President, The Royal Society
- Professor Quintin McKellar CBE, Chair, Innovation and Growth Policy Network, Universities UK
- Professor Paul Nightingale, Deputy Director, Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU), University of Sussex
- Steve Bates OBE, Chief Executive, BioIndustry Association
- Jen Rae, Head of Policy, Nesta
- Allan Cook CBE FREng, Vice President, Royal Academy of Engineering
Purpose of the session
This is a one-off session following the Government’s recent publication of its
"Industrial Strategy Green Paper, which is under consultation by the Government until 17 April. The Committee will examine how it addresses science, innovation and skills issues; following up the Committee’s earlier reports on 'Science Budget', 'Setting up UKRI' and 'Leaving the EU', and its current 'IP and technology transfer' inquiry.