The Science and Technology Committee holds its fourth and final evidence session on the science budget, hearing from the Science Minister Jo Johnson MP.
Tuesday 13 October 2015, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Jo Johnson MP, Minister of State for Universities and Science, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Gareth Davies, Director General, Knowledge and Innovation, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Bernard Ross, Chief Executive Officer, Sky Medical Technology Ltd
- James Bromley, Chief Operations Officer, SwiftKey
- Dr Paul Beasley, Head of Research and Development UK, Siemens
Purpose of the session
The session provides the Minister with an opportunity to respond to comments raised in both the oral and written evidence received by the Committee. Key issues continue to include the overall level of the science budget, ring-fencing arrangements, and how the budget is distributed between research councils and the Higher Education Funding Council for England.
The Committee aims to report ahead of the Spending Review in November 2015, which will set budgets (including the Science Budget) for 2016-17 onwards.