On Monday 8 September, the Public Administration Select Committee (PASC) will take evidence from Sir Bob Kerslake, Head of the Civil Service, and Cabinet Secretary Sir Jeremy Heywood KCB.
Purpose of the session
The session will review the progress of the Civil Service reform plan and look ahead to the new post of Chief Executive of the Civil Service. The Committee will also ask Sir Bob Kerslake, in his final appearance before them as Head of the Civil Service, to reflect on his experiences in the role.
Particular issues to be explored in this evidence session may include:
- Sir Bob’s reflections on his time as Head of the Civil Service, and thoughts on the future of the Civil Service;
- an exploration of the new arrangements for Sir Jeremy’s role and the role of Chief Executive of the Civil Service;
- scrutiny of Civil Service reform and the centre of Government.
Time and location
4.30pm, Monday 8 September, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House, Westminster:
- Sir Bob Kerslake, Head of the Civil Service, and
- Sir Jeremy Heywood KCB, Cabinet Secretary