The Public Administration Select Committee (PASC) holds its first public oral evidence sessions on its inquiry Whitehall: capacity to address future challenges on Tuesday 4 November at 10.00am. The inquiry considers the government’s capacity to anticipate, to analyse, to assess, and to respond to the most significant challenges facing the UK in the next decade or so.
- Robert Chote, Chairman, Office for Budget Responsibility
- Iain Gray CBE, Chief Executive, Innovate UK, Technology Strategy Board
- Professor Robert Hazell CBE, Professor of British Politics and Government, and Director, UCL Constitution Unit
- James Lloyd, Director, Strategic Society Centre
At 10.45am (approx)
- Professor Michael Clarke, Director General, Royal United Services Institute for Defence and Security Studies
- Simon Gillespie, Chief Executive, British Heart Foundation
- Professor Dame Julia Slingo OBE, Chief Scientist, The Met Office
The evidence sessions will examine the key challenges facing governments in the UK and across Europe and the wider world. These may include: the constitutional future of the UK, housing, social care, public finances, science and technology, energy, and climate change.