This will be the Committee’s third session on its inquiry into Civil Service Reform and Good Governance principles.
The Prime Minister’s ambitions for a Big Society imply a huge culture change for Whitehall and how it goes about the business of Government.
The Civil Service will be increasingly expected to promote and to enable, rather than to manage and to direct, public services.
The Committee will hear from Rt Hon Francis Maude MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office and Sir Gus O’Donnell, Head of the Civil Service about their plans to bring about this transformation.
Particular issues that may arise include:
- what the Government’s vision for a reformed Civil Service is;
- what plans it has for bringing this about and the challenges it may face; and
- how it will measure success.
Thursday 3 March 2011, Committee Room 8
At 9:45 am
- Rt Hon Francis Maude MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office
- Sir Gus O’Donnell, KCB, Cabinet Secretary and Head of the Home Civil Service